When and Where?
- Induction: School experience during semesters 1 and 2 provides initial orientation (the role of the teacher in a complex school environment) in parallel with educational science classes.
- Domain-focused school experience at various types of school (general secondary school, new secondary school, vocational secondary school, pre-vocational school), is obligatory during semesters 4, 5, 7 and 8.
- Master's course: School experience offers yet more specialisms in the respective subjects as well as additional pedagogical training in non-school fields.
How and who?
- The QTS initial training course for secondary school trains students for all types of secondary school. The school experience fields must be chosen in such a manner that all relevant types of school are covered.
- Specially qualified school experience mentors provide guidance for the students and ensure that all core pedagogical elements are covered.
- The Centre for Practical Classroom Training is in charge of organisation.