- School leaving exam (comparable to A-levels) of a general or vocational secondary school or access certificate
- Admission procedure
- 4 years of full-time course attendance to attain a Bachelor's degere (qualifies for fixed-term teaching employment);
- 2 years of full-time course attendance to attain a Master's degree (qualifies for continous employment)
- Teaching years 5 to 12 / 13
- Practical classroom training from the start of the first semester
- Students choose either 2 subjects or one subject and one focal subject.
- Additional option, after attaining a Master's degree: studying for a doctorate at a university