In an exercise-based classroom situation, the applicants implement tasks immediately or after a short period of preparation.
Applicants evidence their basic physical strength and balancing skills by climbing and balancing as a prerequisite of learning in motion. Additionally, applicants complete task involving throwing and ball-centred spatial orientation.
Water: the applicants provide proof of their swimming stamina and basic water-based skills
Same requirements for men and women.
A click on an apparatus gymnastics and coordination exercise will open video instructions.
- Floor gymnastics: forward roll across a mattress gap
- Horizontal bar: hip circle, downward circle
- Box: squat on, stretched jump
- 7 poles: climb from pole to pole horizontally at a height of 1m (starting / finishing points: 1m high box)
- Balancing: on upturned bench: 1st bench forward, half-turn, 2nd bench backwards
- Rhythmization: negotiate a tyre trail (12 tyres) while executing coordination tasks
- Ball skills: bouncing a ball continuously in a slalom around poles
- Throwing and catching: throw a ball against the wall, turn around, catch bouncing ball (distance from wall: at least 5 meters)
- Lane swimming: 25 m
- Diving: 10 m (body totally submerged), no racing dive
- Apparatus gymnastics: execution of motions (quality of motions, range, alternating between tensing and loosening, soft landings) flow of motion, degree of difficulty
- Coordination: handling the ball (push, not hit), taking eyes off the ball, rhythmizing and differentiating
Capability of learning (reception and implementation)
- Swimming: Arms-/ legs coordination, breathing